Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Modified Herringbone Stitch Cable Bracelet

Recently, upon going through my older beading magazines, I found a Herringbone Stitch Cabled Bracelet pattern by Rae Arlene Reller in the February 2009 Bead and Button Magazine.


I was intrigued by the twisting of beading stitches over one another to create the undulating pattern.

The closure for the bracelet on the pattern is a loop and button, which I didn't want, so I modified the pattern on the ends to be able to attach a magnetic clasp.

For a beginner, the pattern may be daunting when it's read, but once you've gotten past the first transfer of the middle colors to the opposite side, you've got it.






I didn't add the 15/0 seed beads on the side of my bracelet, as called for in the pattern. And, I did have problems keeping the beads tightened, especially at the crossover areas, but found it was easy to go back a couple of beads and tighten there, then pull my line tight. The pattern calls for 11 rows between crossovers, but only did 9 so I could get a tighter woven look.  

For a size 6 1/2 bracelet I used:

11/0 Miyuki Silver D4201, count:  400
11/0 Miyuki Mint Rainbow Gold Luster 318C, count 192
11/0 TOHO Dark Blue Lined Aqua TR-932, count 192
5 1/2 yards of Crystal Fireline 4lb. (as one piece)







For the ends, I added three beads to each color end and popped out the middle one, then I added five beads between the two rows on each side, again popping out the middle one.  To finish, I added nine beads to the two points and popped out the middle one, then reinforced it multiple times.  See diagram below.  I suppose I should have used an 8/0 instead of the 11/0 where the jump ring attaches, but I like the uniform look.




I found the pattern available HERE 

This bracelet is so light and delicate!




No comments:

Post a Comment