Search This Blog

Friday, May 4, 2018

The One Stop Seed Bead Shop - GROWING A BEAD BUSINESS FROM SEED

Hi!

My name is Tammy and I used to own a jewelry-making business.


However, shortly after launching that business, in 2012, I became ill and was actually bedridden for an entire year.  I am no longer able to sit for extended periods of time to make any jewelry.  Plus, I'm really shaky now, which is quite frustrating.

My husband and I heard the beads and components calling out to us, begging to be handled, so he decided to sell my inventory.  I didn't want to give up beads completely, though.  It's very therapeutic for me to run my hands through them.

I also love to try to design new woven bead jewelry, hence the Oh, My Stars! bracelet and the designs that followed.  I do charge for the patterns as a way to help recoup some of the business costs until the shop and website grow a bit more.

So, he's selling my current inventory and purchasing more beads to resell with the proceeds.  Although, the term "Seed Bead" has broadened in its meaning, that will be the focus for building a new inventory.

It has taken him about three months to post about 1/3 of my current inventory because he's learning the names of them as he goes and he has a lot of questions!

It's funny to watch a man with big hands measuring out 15/0 beads.  And, he's slowly learning the names of them!

He's currently renovating one of the rooms in the house to be his "bead store".  I'll post pictures when it's completed.

I hope to watch "our" shop grow into its name.  But, we know that just like seedlings, it takes lots of care and feeding.  This will be a nice business for him to keep busy with when he retires in a few years.

We also have a website: www.onestopseedbeadshop.com   Please visit!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment